With a tapered, quick releasing blend of both premium grade proteins (hydrolysed whey protein and whey protein isolate) carbohydrates (waxy maize starch and maltodextrin).
With the addition of key recovery components such as GIutamine, electrolytes, vitamin c and the popular anti-inflammatory cherry extract.
This shake will have you back to optimal in no time.
Recovery Protein - The Ultimate Recovery Formula
Recovery Protein from The Protein Works™ has been designed to be the most complete recovery shake on the market today. It’s been scientifically engineered to enhance the entire recovery process immediately following training. It does this through a variety of different mechanisms due to both its impressive macronutrient profile and content of proven active ingredients.
Recovery Protein contains both an optimal nutrient profile and an array of active ingredients, proven to accelerate and improve the entire recovery process. Post workout nutrient intake is absolutely key to the repair and regrowth of your muscles.
The Science Behind Recovery Protein
It’s widely acknowledged by sports nutritionists and experts that what you consume immediately following training can have a profound effect on your recovery. On the most basic level, it’s essential you ingest a sufficient amount of quick absorbing protein and carbohydrates in the correct ratio that induces protein synthesis and muscle glycogen replenishment (the 2 primary mechanisms of recovery). Recovery Protein does exactly this and contains a tapered, quick releasing blend of both premium grade proteins (hydrolysed whey protein and whey protein isolate) and carbohydrates (waxy maize starch and maltodextrin).
Recovery Protein - Premium Grade Ingredients
In addition, to help you better understand the theory, science and active ingredients in Recovery Protein, below we’ve listed each ingredient and given some key insight into how they will help greatly accelerate the entire recovery process:
- TPW™ Recovery Protein Blend - The hydrolysed whey and whey isolate blend delivers a quick supply of protein to the muscles to kick start protein synthesis, muscle growth and repair .
- TPW™ Recovery Carb Blend - The waxy maize starch and maltodextrin blend serves to replenish muscle glycogen levels and synergistically work with the protein to delivery nutrients to the muscles rapidly and efficiently.
- Glutamine Peptides- The most prevalent amino acid found in the muscles, this is essential for supporting the body and the immune system during periods of intense training.
- iBCAA - Shown to aid protein synthesis, promotes recovery & lean muscle mass. We use premium grade instantised material for easy mixing.
- Electrolyte Blend - Comprising of sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium this is essential for replacing minerals and electrolytes lost through sweating.
- Digezyme® - Helps the absorption & uptake of the key active ingredients while also helping to break down protein, carbs & fat in the body.
- Vitamin C- A powerful antioxidant shown to combat harmful free radicals that can occur during training.
- Cherry Extract - A potent anti-inflammatory with anti oxidant properties that have been shown to greatly reduce muscle damage and oxidative stress caused by training.
Recovery Protein - The Ultimate Quality Assurance
Here at TPW™, you can have supreme confidence in the product quality and supply source. Each ingredient supplier must pass rigorous audits and checks before being given the TPW™ quality seal of approval. Traceability, quality, and consistency are the three things we demand on every single ingredient. This is our philosophy that flows through every product we manufacture and sets us apart in the world of sports nutrition today.
Please note that this product is produced in-house at our very own production facility. It is supplied in a re-sealable foil pouch to ensure freshness and a scoop is included free of charge in every product.
The Expert's View of RECOVERY PROTEIN
"The International Olympic Committee Consensus on Sports Nutrition states to support a strength or speed based workout routine athletes require 1.7grams of protein per kg of bodyweight per day. Interestingly research conducted at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada later found that endurance athletes require a greater (or equal) intake of protein than strength athletes to prevent protein catabolism during exercise."
Research: Food, Nutrition and Sports Performance II: The International Olympic Committee Consensus on Sports Nutrition (Ron Maughan et al, 2004).
* Disclaimer: Customer reviews are independent and based on personal experience. Individual results may vary. Products designed to be taken in conjunction with a balanced diet and training plan. Nutritional Information per serving based on unflavoured.
06 September 2019
17 October 2018
04 July 2018
06 June 2018
This protein does the job, and helps you recover from a tough workout, it does exactly what it says on the bag.
what more could you want? the answer is my referral code: 85607
Use this on your first order
20 June 2017
Disclaimer: Customer reviews are independent and reflect customer's personal experiences. Individual results may vary. Products designed to be taken in conjunction with a balanced diet and training plan.
Serving size: 75g (2 x level 70ml scoops).
For optimal results, we recommend using post training or exercise.
Add 2 scoops (75g) to 500 - 550ml of water in your TPW Master Blender. Then Shake well and consume.
Q. When should I use Recovery Protein?
A. Immediately following training or competition.
Q. What are main reasons for using Recovery Protein?
A. To accelerate the entire recovery process, enhance growth and repair.
Q. Are all Recovery formulas the same, no matter what brand you use?
A.As with so many things in life, if you don't ask the right questions, you won't get the right answers! The quality of ingredient can vary significantly and therefore the potency will do too. In addition, just because a product may be called pure it doesn't mean that it necessarily is. We recommend you read the ingredients and nutritionals on the label to better understand exactly what you are buying. We can assure you that our products are 100% pure. At TPW™, we are committed to transparency and openness in all our products and that is why we provide a Product Profile which offers a complete overview of the product's background including our approval, location of manufacture and money back guarantee applicability.
Q. Can I use Recovery Protein with any other supplements?
A. Yes. When combined together, RAZE™ Preworkout and i-Surge intra workout can take care of all your pre, intra and post workout nutrition. Plus it can be enhanced with creatine monohydrate if you’re specifically a strength athlete.
Q. Do I take Recovery Protein after training or competition?
A. The answer is yes to both. Since Recovery Protein designed to enhance recovery after any form of physical training of any kind.
Q. What improvements can I expect to see from including Recovery Protein into my diet?
A. Firstly, you will notice an improved recovery time, but in addition you’ll also see enhanced muscle repair and growth.
Q. Who should take / benefit from using Recovery Protein?
A. Bodybuilders and strength athletes. Endurance athletes. Those new to weight training. People involved in team sports. Those who participate in regular intense training and exercise.